Nuisance calls can be a real problem – and very upsetting. They can include:
- persistent sales calls from companies you’ve asked to stop
- silent calls, where there's no-one there when you answer
- abusive or harassing calls
If you’re getting nuisance calls or texts, don’t encourage the caller by talking back or replying. You can also consider letting all your calls go to voicemail, then calling back genuine callers.
If you’re a Vodafone customer and you’re getting repeated calls:
- Log the details of each call with our nuisance call log form (PDF: 26KB).
- After you’ve completed the log get in touch as soon as you can – that way we can record the caller’s details against your account.
When we’ve logged three calls on our system, customer services will refer you to our Nuisance Call Bureau. You’ll need to fill in the Nuisance Call Bureau disclaimer form (PDF Doc: 11KB) to give them access to your account. To speed things up, fax it back to us on 01635 238154 or email it to NuisanceCallerBureau@help.vodafone.co.uk
Our Vodafone Nuisance Call Bureau is a specialist team who know all about nuisance calls and other hassles like slamming and spam. They can give you advice on dealing with nuisance calls and texts, and – because most nuisance calls are a criminal offence – may create a case file to give to the police to start a criminal investigation.
Can I bar a number?
While we can’t block particular callers, you can sometimes bar numbers with a phone’s ‘blacklist’ feature.